Back in 2005 I brought to the market ZeppOS which was a very search optimized CMS. After I sold it they did not make updates to keep it optimized so I began looking for a new platform. I started writing a content management tool in ASP.Net despite being convinced of the value of going open source. I had a lot of hesitation in migrating to another platform much due to my domain having fantastic web ranking for a wide range of keywords (such as top placement in Google for terms such as “Search Engine Optimization Expert” and “Search Engine Marketing Expert”)
However, after months of research I am now a self-proclaimed WordPress evangelist!
Since, I have had a great deal of success with WordPress as a CMS. For hosting, GoDaddy offers very good rates on their WordPress hosting, or you can host multiple sites for USD 7/month on their Deluxe plan.
This feature rich plugin provides:
- Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- Provides SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
I highly recommend the All in One SEO plugin to optimize your WordPress site!